WMMB/Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin directors elected
Friday, June 8, 2018
MADISON – Election results for the Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board (dba Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin) Board of Directors have been certified by DATCP Secretary Sheila Harsdorf, resulting in eight directors beginning three-year terms starting July 1, 2018.
Newly elected directors and the districts they represent are:
- Connie Seefeldt, Coleman, District 2 (Florence, Forest, Langlade, Marinette, Oconto and Vilas counties).
- Kay Zwald, Hammond, District 5 (St. Croix, Dunn counties).
- Steven Sternweis, Marshfield, District 8 (Marathon County).
- Mike Verhasselt, Kaukauna, District 11 (Outagamie and Winnebago counties).
- Patricia Kling Taylor, District 14 (Jackson, La Crosse and Trempealeau counties).
- Julie Maurer, Newton, District 17 (Calumet and Manitowoc counties).
- Sharon Laubscher, Wonewoc, District 20 (Richland and Sauk counties).
- Jay Stauffacher, Darlington, District 23 (Iowa and Lafayette counties).
DFW directors guide the organization’ finances, formulate and set its policies and long-range business plan, and maintain its mission: “To help grow demand for Wisconsin milk by providing programs that enhance the competitiveness of the Wisconsin Dairy Industry.” Through these initiatives, a DFW director has the opportunity to represent Wisconsin dairy producers and products, as well as become involved in activities that inform and educate consumers.
About the 2018 Election
There were 13 certified candidates running for eight board-member positions. Of the 2,589 dairy producers living in the election districts, per DATCP records, 13.4 percent returned ballots. That is an increase in election return over the previous year. District 23, which had three candidates on the ballot, recorded the most election participation with 17.8 percent of eligible producers in that district voting. The election closed May 25, 2018. The board has a total of 25 directors. DATCP supervises the election of Wisconsin’s marketing boards and monitors marketing board operations for compliance with applicable statues and rules.
For more information on DFW and the 2018 election, visit www.WMMB.com/election. This site also contains newly elected director biography information.